No announcement yet.

Ra x Unity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I mean roguing out whites isn't so bad when I'm dealing with just one other gene, but there are three here...

Comment

Fading out a bit now but still different to Elisabeth.

Comment

Is this the same flower? The standard has changed a lot. I think there is little doubt you have got the new colour.

Comment

Yeah, all three are the same flower. This can't be anything other than "antique rose". The standard has been darkening, started off nearly white and is now a similar mauve to wild type but lighter, but the wings haven't changed much.

Comment

Very nice

Comment

So one of my few surviving plants has really small flowers, and they are a sort of deep mauve with very pale standards. Again not wild type. No idea what this one is supposed to be, because it doesn't look like "light mauve" either...

Comment

Interesting, is it my imagination or is there a bit of white at the base of the wings? Wonder why the flowers are so tiny and whether the standards will colour up a bit more, too?

Comment

Yes, there is some white on the bottom of the wings. Looks a bit like it got splashed with white paint or something!

I've seen pale streaks before on wild type flowers, but never pure white like that.

Comment

Was just reviewing this thread and realised that the colour of the mystery purplish flower is violet, ar. I didn't grow any violet-flowered types last year so I think that colour just wasn't really in my mind at all.

Compare with this shot of another experimental pea, Haka, which I know has ar. The standard of Haka is much darker but that could be to do with the age of the flower - the wings look very similar to me.

Comment

• Galina
                      Galina commented
                      Editing a comment
                      JIC calls ra 'caerulicans,' violet fits it better, but of course there are different shades in violets as well.
                  Working...
                  X