No announcement yet.

Telephone x Haka

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found out last week that Mono is actually called Gizmo. I'm going to stick with my name though, I like it better!

Comment

This project is put on hold for the moment because every single one of the seedlings got munched to death by slugs. I do still have a few seeds left though so I can resow next year.

Comment

That's so sad. This year is so difficult for slugs with all the wet we are having - several deliges daily. Established peas love it but not seedlings. Better luck with the remaining seeds. Presumably this is for next year? Commiserations.

Comment

It happens. There was always a risk that I would lose some plants - I lost some from every breeding project but this one got hit much harder than the others.

I think I sowed just as the slugs were becoming active, so unfortunate timing on my part. If I'd sown earlier they might have been big enough to cope, or if I'd down later they may have grown faster and been protected a bit that way.

Think I'll wait till next year to so my remaining seeds.

Comment

I'm going to grow out my remaining F2s this year, hopefully they'll do much better. Waiting for the pea beds to be ready so I can get started!

Comment

At least two plants have violet flowers. Very different to my Haka pictures from a few years ago, but definitely violet.

Comment

Looks like the difference is violet colour in the standards. These are white. Do you think they might colour up as the flower ages?

Comment

• Silverleaf
                  Silverleaf commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes, i think that's likely. It's a pretty young flower.
              Working...
              X