Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silverleaf
    commented on 's reply
    Yes, i think that's likely. It's a pretty young flower.

• Galina
    replied
    Looks like the difference is violet colour in the standards. These are white. Do you think they might colour up as the flower ages?

Leave a comment:

• Silverleaf
    replied
    At least two plants have violet flowers. Very different to my Haka pictures from a few years ago, but definitely violet.

Leave a comment:

• Silverleaf
    replied
    I'm going to grow out my remaining F2s this year, hopefully they'll do much better. Waiting for the pea beds to be ready so I can get started!

Leave a comment:

• Silverleaf
    replied
    It happens. There was always a risk that I would lose some plants - I lost some from every breeding project but this one got hit much harder than the others.

I think I sowed just as the slugs were becoming active, so unfortunate timing on my part. If I'd sown earlier they might have been big enough to cope, or if I'd down later they may have grown faster and been protected a bit that way.

Think I'll wait till next year to so my remaining seeds.

Leave a comment:

• Galina
    replied
    That's so sad. This year is so difficult for slugs with all the wet we are having - several deliges daily. Established peas love it but not seedlings. Better luck with the remaining seeds. Presumably this is for next year? Commiserations.

Leave a comment:

• Silverleaf
    replied
    This project is put on hold for the moment because every single one of the seedlings got munched to death by slugs. I do still have a few seeds left though so I can resow next year.

Leave a comment:

• Silverleaf
    replied
    Found out last week that Mono is actually called Gizmo. I'm going to stick with my name though, I like it better!

Leave a comment:

• Silverleaf
    replied
    Bunnies live inside so they are absolutely fine.

I think we get so many cats here because the garden is quite large for a suburban one and we're on a corner so have a lot of gardens adjoining ours (at least 9). Ours is a haven away from dogs and children too - definitely been more cat activity since we lost Summer.

Leave a comment:

• jayb
    replied
    Shame he was such a handsome visitor, I reckon they moved

Lol, you two must really give off cat welcome signs and so cool to have them as friendly visitors without the hassles.I'm guessing your bunnies are well protected?

Leave a comment:

• Silverleaf
    replied
    No, sadly I haven't seen the lovely friendly cat for a long time now. I hope their owner moved away, rather than the alternative.

Mono lives two houses away and seems well cared for, but is hardly ever in the house, preferring my fairly wild garden. It's a nice cat, reserved but starting to warm to me now and happy to be petted when it's in the mood.

Leave a comment:

• jayb
    replied
    Is Mono the one we've seen pictures of a little while back (probably on A4A)? I remember thinking he looked gorgeous.

Leave a comment:

• Silverleaf
    replied
    4 cats visit regularly, several more I see occasionally, and there's a black-and white one we've nicknamed Mono that practically lives in our garden!

Leave a comment:

• jayb
    replied
    I should have fleeced last year, but to my loss didn't! We have lots of birds of prey including owls, but very few cats, must make all the difference.

Leave a comment:

• Silverleaf
    replied
    My only problems are cats using the beds as a toilet, and blackbirds digging in search of worms. Both are mostly taken care of by fleecing until the plants are big enough to cope.

I suppose all the cats are taking care of the mice!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X