Broad bean karmazyn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broad bean karmazyn

Trying this one. usually have Red Flowered but no needs in the store, so limed the look of this. Pinkish seeds that allegedly retain some colour if steamed. I personally think they are more red wondering about planting some Wizard too

The dried seeds are definitely a pretty red. I bought a pack but thinking it's too late to plant now - at least down here where the weather is more August than April. How late do you keep planting your broad beans?

Comment

• jayb
      jayb commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm behind on many things this year, I've sown some broadies a few weeks back and may sow more in the next day or soif I get the chance. They should still do well, although fingers crossed it's not a year for a black fly plague and we do get some rain.

i have always planted at same time here ( North Wales) mainly because job has previously meant Easter is when I am less likely to work daft hours, so get in garden then. I have planted late May but that was year of family illness and we didn’t harvest, so no comparison. It is roasting here today!

hard isn’t it, as can get two seasons in one month!

Comment

The fresh beans are a lovely soft pink and I’d say they lose some of that in the cooking but do retain some pinkish difference.

Comment

Super. Was drawn by this bloggers description of them having a nutty taste. Interesting blog!
        https://urbanvegpatch.blogspot.com/2...p-of-pods.html

Comment

• jayb
          jayb commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice blog.
      Working...
      X