Aeron Purple Star

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aeron Purple Star

I received seeds several years ago and for whatever reasons I never sowed them before earlier this year. I was lucky enough to have 3 seeds germinate from my old stock. I'm not sure how stable they are, I seem to remember reading some reports they were all over the shop.

Love to hear about any encounters, experiences with these and are they purple podded from an early age I won?

I should have read this thread before posting under ‘Black Pod’.
    I have commented there that I found that by the time the purple colouring developed, the beans were tougher than I like. I also found quite a lot of variation in how purple the pods actually were but I think all had some purple colouring.

In the thread on Colourful beans …… crosses,
    https://www.growingfoodsavingseeds.c...ecific-crosses
    Galina commented on how she found this variety when grown from seed acquired several years ago. It has apparently stabilised somewhat now but as your seed is also a few years old you might well experience greater variation than I did from 2019 seed.

Comment

Thanks for that and for a link to the thread, I'd forgotten all about it. I think that must be what I was thinking of. Interesting they may still be segregating, fingers crossed for a purple. I had a feeling colour and toughness might run together.

Comment

Working...
      X