Harvesting Beans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harvesting Beans

Here's a picture of the Goose Gullet Bush Bean I have harvested yesterday and podded today since it's raining outside. How many seeds would be needed for the seed saving group?

Nice one, oh you've got enough there Clumsy. The final number of seeds in the packet will be determined by the final roll call on who is and is not in this year's seed circle. Usually more people sign up at the beginning of the year than finally save seed for everybody in the circle and participate in the share-out. I portion into individual packets when I know the final number of participants.

Comment

Thank you for the reply.

Comment

They look great Clumsy, a nice productive bean? Bean seeds are anywhere from just a couple seeds each to ten or more, depending on your harvest etc. As Galina says we don't know quite how many people will be in the final call for the circle but it'll be less than those signed up for it if all the previous years follow true.

Comment

Hi jayb. Honestly I'm not to sure if they were productive.

Comment

great one i have also harvested most of my beans

Comment

Was shelling the beans as they had dried out now. These all should be from the seed savers I think.

Comment

Working...
              X