5 dessert Melon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 dessert Melon

Trying Melon for first time. This sounds a lovely variety.

”A new discovery for us, this traditional melon we recently got from Bulgaria was a real success in our 2013 trials. The plants were really happy and gew well in our polytunnel.

It is very early and sweet, and makes lots of larger slightly oval fruit, green with pale yellow stripes. They are indeed big enough to get 5 portions out of each one!

They are at their best when they have turned yellow, but still have a distinct green stripe between ribs. We got so many seed we are offering them at a very reduced price
    Larger early melon for short seasons, with a good flavour. Particularly good chilled in the fridge before serving.”

Sounds very promising. Hope it does very well for you.

In that corner of your gym/polytunnel, alongside the cucumber perhaps?

Comment

Good luck. I have a few plants of Collective Farm Woman, but they are still tiny seedlings. Looking forward to compare notes.

Comment

Jang. I did think of putting in gym but then wondered of risks or dropping on her Not ruled out, as I have a net I can attach to roof.

collective farm woman is an impressive name

Comment

• Galina
          Galina commented
          Editing a comment
          A Russian winter melon type, the type that stores for a few months after harvest, .
          Last edited by Galina; 06-05-2020, 05:37.
      Working...
      X