Petit Gris de Rennes Melon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Petit Gris de Rennes Melon

I gave few plants away and one of the plot holders has shown me these two little beauties. Thank you galina you made a new plot holder very happy. Should be nearly ready soon.

That does make me glad to see. I had great hopes this year for mine, but the slugs got them and that was that. Still plenty of seeds left for next year.

Comment

Another plot holder I gave a plant also got one melon on it also.

Comment

• Galina
        Galina commented
        Editing a comment
        Fab, thanks for letting me know Clumsy. Feedback on shared seed is always so welcome.

By the way as of today I have flowers on the 5 colour chili peppers from you. Took its time, but the plants are now 'motoring' and there is still plenty of time. I have them in pots and hope to get them through winter as houseplants too. Happy days

Great news about the chillies,also I saw her this morning she actually has two one was hidden on a trialling arm. I'll take a photo later this evening when I go to water the plants. It's getting ripe I think she said the colour has changed.

Comment

• Galina
        Galina commented
        Editing a comment
        I hope she enjoys them. The longer you leave them, the sweeter they get. They can hang for quite a few weeks. I found it a little tricky to tell when they were really ripe.

The have taken it with them on there camping trip. They looked well happy with the melon.

Comment

• Galina
        Galina commented
        Editing a comment
        Hope they like the taste.

Hello clumsy. I’m growing Petit Gris de Rennes this summer. I know it’s a couple of years ago now but I’m interested in whether your fellow allotment holders, who had plants of Petit Gris from you, grew them under glass or out of doors.
      I’ve always grown melons - without huge success - in my greenhouse before, but was just wondering whether to try a sheltered sunny spot out of doors.

Comment

• clumsy
        clumsy commented
        Editing a comment
        One grew in a greenhouse the other one was in a poly tunnel. They grew them in flower pots you get the black ones from supermarkets. They had success that ways from what I observed.

• Jang
        Jang commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks. That’s helpful. I thought it was bushing it’s a bit to have them out of doors - but was hopeful!
    Working...
    X