Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pea Spring Blush and Runner Lady Di

Afternoon all.

can I ask if any of you have grown Runner Bean Lady Di? With Realseeds not being open I bought some Enorma from an online supplier who have accidentally sent me Lady Di? It has an AGM , so is likely tasty but as they have offered to replace I am wondering if I wait for Enorma?

I also ordered Pea Spring Blush as my saved seed was eaten (do not ask. know some of you have used this in breeding programmes and was wondering regards its taste?
    Jackie

I've grown Lady Di and found it very acceptable and productive. I haven't grown Enorma so can't compare, but liked Lady Di.

I think you've grown Spring Blush before so you know it's a red tinged sugar snap? I love it as it's so beautiful - flowers, pods and tendrils. I think I found it a little solid as a sugar snap but I'm growing it again this year and will hope to register the taste more carefully - so don't take my word for that.

Comment

• Galina
      Galina commented
      Editing a comment
      Lady Di, named because they are tall aka long and slender.

I don't think I've grwon Lady Di, but it does sound very good, can you sow some of these now for a slightly earlier start and some of the Enorma when they come?

Similar to Jang, I'm growing or at least sown Spring blush too, I've not grown it for a few years but liked it.

Comment

• Galina
      Galina commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes sorry Hector didn't comment. Very nice tasting like all Kapuler peas.

Thanks folks Spring Blush is very pretty looking. Going for 50 50 Lady Di and Enorma. Was a bit twitchyas supplier site had closed again but now open.

Comment

Working...
    X