Date Plant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Date Plant

My mum sowed some date seeds from dates you get from shops. They grew as you can see in the picture the plant has been growing few years now was thinking can it be planted outside? The other plant I think is christmas plant in the front same pot.

Hello Clumsy. Good to hear from you.
    I’m afraid I have no idea about date plants but as far as I know if it’s a date palm it needs sub tropical conditions.

And yes, the other plant looks like a Christmas cactus. Has it flowered yet?

Comment

• clumsy
      clumsy commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes the christmas cactus has flowered and it flower again soon. Got one in the other room which is in flower. I thought the date palm plant will need tropical conditions will leave it as it is.Got few more date plants growing with the christmas plants in other pots also.

Just looked it up and it does need frostfree conditions over winter. Would be fine outside in summer, but needs to come back in over winter.

Comment

• clumsy
      clumsy commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the info. Shame I thought it would be great to see it grow bigger and see my mums legacy with growing plants from shop brought fruit and using the seeds to grow.
Working...
X