Quadgrow Planter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quadgrow Planter

I'm thinking of buying a quadgrow planter wondered if anyone has used this to grow?

I had to google this one.
    http://www.greenhousesensation.co.uk...RoCBwYQAvD_BwE

How many litres of soil do these pots hold? They look quite small. Does that mean you need more fertiliser? The self watering aspect is very neat. But just look at the price. I hope you get good advice from people who have used this system. Over on A4A somebody hopefully has used them. I am not aware that anybody has here.

Have you seen this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1lnSmXyfnY
    or this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-dXXY79mAA

If you can get buckets free or cheap (builders buckets or from the brewery perhaps?) this could be an alternative.
    Last edited by Galina; 30-12-2017, 12:35.

Comment

Have just put quadgrow into the search function at A4A and there are quite a number of posts about them and people seem quite pleased with them. Including first hand experience from Jayb. Hope she will tell you a lot more about them. Maybe I was too pessimistic about the smallish pots in my reply and maybe they do merit their high price tag after all.

Comment

The reviews look very good plus less use of compost,also the watering during hot weather should save time. But if the harvest is great should pay itself back.

Comment

The one on greenhousesensation link also comes with fertiliser plus I think it's better to buy two because the price evens out better I think. I'm going to buy them next week for the chilli plants and see how they do.

Comment

Yes and they are not just for one season of course, they should last a long time, which spreads the cost. On A4A they have been used for peppers judging by the reports and with success too. I'll be interested to learn from your experiences. Hope the little pepper plants are doing great too.

Comment

Yes I went on A4A yesterday after you mentioned it the reviews did look good. Chilli peppers are coming along. posted photo on the other thread.

Comment

It's here. Okay the review quality looks and feels sturdy. I think if you can find the water reservoir this size you could easily built it yourself. But in the end it comes as a package already done for you.

Comment

• Galina
                  Galina commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Looks very neat. My only idea to replicate would be two pots in a square cat litter tray, or of course the self watering pot ideas in the videos. In a cat litter tray you would still need to raise the pots, so they don't just sit in a puddle of water and I guess use strips of wicking material to get the moisture from the reservoir into the pots. Hope your quadgrow really does the job Clumsy. Looking forward to seeing it all planted up.

I would say a box with a lid and make small flap (that can open and close) to be able to put water and nutrients in plus keeping it covered from mosquitos during summer.

Comment

Watched the video. Hope so I shouldn't have the slug problem she mentioned because I'm using it in the greenhouse shown in photos above which is concreted no soil in there.

Comment

Working...
                X