No announcement yet.

Anybody sowing already for 2019?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still not feeling great but went to the allotment to see anything got damaged with the wind. Everything okay took photo of the broadbeans flowering in the greenhouse.

Comment

First pea flower. Plus the broadbeans flowers are opening. Collards are growing and russian kale.

Comment

• Galina
        Galina commented
        Editing a comment
        Is Russian kale the frilly one? Have never grown it.

• clumsy
        clumsy commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes the frilly one is Russian. Red Russian is the name one seed packet.

• Galina
        Galina commented
        Editing a comment
        Pretty.

Tomato plants some of them seem to be getting legging should be okay when I plant them deep.

Comment

They will toughen up planted deep and with better light, which we will soon have. Days are getting ever longer at last.

Comment

Chilli plants are doing okay so far. Not sown many this year.

Comment

First giant Bolivian achocha has germinated I thought I would start early this and see how I get on.

Comment

Oh fab! Yes it is early, but will give them more time to do something. I hope you have a really successful year with them.

Comment

• clumsy
                clumsy commented
                Editing a comment
                I've two now that have germinated. Will also be starting the melons soon when I get more jiffy pellets delivered.

Theree achocha plants plus two tinda seedlings. I haven't grown tinda for a while the seeds were old but have germinated well pleased sorry for the blurry photo my hands seem to shake.
              The two yellow looking seedlings are tinda.

Comment

• Galina
                Galina commented
                Editing a comment
                You are really broadening my horizon, Clumsy. Have just googled tinda. Never heard of it before. Interesting. Do you eat it in curries or raw like cucumber?

• clumsy
                clumsy commented
                Editing a comment
                Just eat it in curries. It's a type of gourd.

More flowers on the peas. Flowers only top of the plants unfortunately.

Comment

Working...
              X