No announcement yet.

My Allotment Plot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was a quick visit the shed door was open needed to make sure nothing was missing. took a photo of the garlic on the charity plot that the plot holder planted using my own garlic I gave. Few empty spaces bit doing okay so far in pure cow manure.

Comment

• Jang
      Jang commented
      Editing a comment
      Garlic looks good for a January. As you say all that rain and also pure manure might seem risky. But last year I grew onions and garlic in pure horse manure as I have onion white rot in the soil and was desperate to grow some alliums. In spite of worrying that the manure might be far too rich for them, they rather surprisingly did very well. Hopefully yours will do the same..

• Galina
      Galina commented
      Editing a comment
      Also hope all is well and it was just the wind blowing open the door. This garlic bed is looking very good. They are well established. Even if we get a real freezing spell and the tops do get damaged, those will romp away afterwards. Are they softnecks or hardnecks or a mixture?

• clumsy
      clumsy commented
      Editing a comment
      Mixture of both soft and hardnecks they should perk up around late march April.

The photo of the plot as it is. The spade is gone few boxes of screws were missing. All will be replaced should have put a lock on the gate. It was raining on sunday just left everything in that shed instead of taking things back to my shed.

Comment

• Galina
      Galina commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry to hear Clumsy. A fellow allotmenter? Hope not. Was the spade marked with your name in any way? Boxes of screws too? Who is making raised beds at the moment? I do not want to sow suspicion, but if somebody is stealing from their allotment neighbours, they should have to answer for it for the good of the whole site. Not a nice thing to happen.

• clumsy
      clumsy commented
      Editing a comment
      The community payback built nearly everything. I've never marked anything or another way never thought or needed too. It's not the first time it's happened but it okay, everything will be replaced.

• jayb
      jayb commented
      Editing a comment
      Not nice when things are taken.
      On a brighter note plot looks great and ready to go. I wish I had such a neat path!

Created small extension to the raised beds. These small beds will have flowers growing in them. Plus will create planters later.

Comment

• jayb
      jayb commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice, progress every time. Is that the garlic bed shown from the other?

• clumsy
      clumsy commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep the garlic bed shown, normally I take the photo from the gate or front fence. It's the first bed that was created also first bed to have something growing.

• jayb
      jayb commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, plus it looks good from both sides

This is my plot this morning.

Comment

• Galina
      Galina commented
      Editing a comment
      That looks grim, Hope it dries fast.

• Galina
      Galina commented
      Editing a comment
      How is it looking today?

• jayb
      jayb commented
      Editing a comment
      Not a nice to great you.

updated what the plot looks like today. The water is gone,where the garlic is it was okay. Took photo's of the charity plot the bench is done needs painting plus a table was made also. The charity plot looks like a building site still loads of work left.

Comment

• jayb
      jayb commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm glad the water went down so quickly on your plot.
      Love that bench and seat, so clever.
      Last edited by jayb; 18-02-2020, 20:19. Reason: I love cleavers so many attributes, apart from the stickiness! But meant to write clever.

• clumsy
      clumsy commented
      Editing a comment
      It still keeps on raining at this stage won't be growing anything. Thank you for the kind words really appreciate it.

• jayb
      jayb commented
      Editing a comment
      We have heavy rain forecast again, I hope it is better with you.
      Land and nature are amazing, they will come right.

This is my plot the photo taken yesterday. It's nearly dug over leaving it empty no garlic or anything.

Comment

• Jang
      Jang commented
      Editing a comment
      Lots of hard work by the looks of it. Have you got plans for it, clumsy?

• clumsy
      clumsy commented
      Editing a comment
      Nothing for now will leave it until spring next year, seeing how things shape up.

At home took out the tomato's disappointing this year but sowed coriander the following day this was down few weeks back. Took this picture today to show the progress to keep us going through winter.

Comment

• Jang
      Jang commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow. Looks like you’ll have a coriander forest!

• Galina
      Galina commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks to your advice I can now grow coriander Clumsy. Have cut and chopped several freezer bags worth for winter. Harvesting mature seeds at the moment. Very happy after so many failures.

The charity plot is gone and in the end the project turned out to be fake. The gurdwara knew nothing about the charity plot that I organised to create the police inspector lied to me. When he told me he was giving it gave him few other options but he didn't want to know. I ended up getting proof of what transpired the moment he moved the slabs to his own plot that was it he stole them while telling me he was waiting for the gurdwara to make a decision (see photo). I got most things back and gave them back to the people who gave them to me.

Comment

• Galina
      Galina commented
      Editing a comment
      What a sore disappointment. But there are people who benefited. Who learned new skills creating, doing, growing and building that really nice seating area. There are good outcomes. See what you have enabled for other people and be proud of your achievements Clumsy.

• clumsy
      clumsy commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm not sure of the motive.I have witnesses to this story, he became very rude and to a point trying to bring religion into it when I tried to stop him moving everything to his plot. The sikh plot holders don't trust him at all they knew what he did, they helped me get most things back from his plot. They found the information that the gurdwara knew nothing about it. He then tried to justify taking the stuff to his own personal plot to say he was going to do the charity there. 90% of the produce he was going to give to the gurdwara it's going to be an extension to the former charity plot. One of the sikh plot holder I took with me he told the police inspector he does that on his own plot but doesn't advertise it to the world it's a personal choice. But for him to have all the stuff from the charity plot that was created was wrong.

• clumsy
      clumsy commented
      Editing a comment
      I normally don't ask the fellow plot holders to get involved in disputes that I have just in case they get heated and turn ugly. But this time enough was enough and I needed help from them they all grouped together and helped me.

This is his plot where he took wood, the raised beds and the decking wood, plus those big long slabs don't also belong to him. But he thinks he entitled to them.

Comment

• triffid
      triffid commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm really sorry this has happened. I'm a little lost - confused as to why this person thinks they are entitled to the materials on the charity plot. I thought this was your project. What role did they play?

• clumsy
      clumsy commented
      Editing a comment
      He said the gurdwara feeds people cooked meals and they wanted vegetables. So he said the plot next to him is over grown and available and would be ideal for the gurdwara since it's right next to him he can keep an eye on it. I created the plot with the help of the community and probation service, thinking once completed he would get the people from the gurdwara to come and take over the planting, harvesting etc.

• This was his contribution, a box of screw and this drawing.

Comment

• Jang
      Jang commented
      Editing a comment
      So this police inspector is saying he is moving your whole charity plot to be next door to his plot and most of the produce will still be for the gurdwara? Is that right? It all sounds very strange and destructive.
      Is there an allotment management committee? Surely no-one can just take matters into their own hands like that.

• clumsy
      clumsy commented
      Editing a comment
      The gurdwara didn't now about the charity plot. Plus whatever he does on his own plot is up to him. He's just justifying the stuff he took to keep face.

We all donate our surplus around the community anyway.

• triffid
      triffid commented
      Editing a comment
      Ugh what an awful individual. Deception, theft, especially in a difficult time like this. So sorry you're having to deal with this right now.
Working...
X