Ambrosia Red

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ambrosia Red

This variety has been bred and developed by J&L Garden Seeds. I grew Ambrosia Gold last year and it is awesome, which is why I wanted to try more of the Ambrosia lines this year. The first of the two Ambrosia Red plants to ripen is in fact a pink, quite a pretty and unusual colour as the fruit ripens. It's a nice pop in your mouth cherry size with attractive 5 star sepals, taste is a mini explosion of flavour when you bit into one, full of flavour and not overly sweet. I'm excited by these, although they are not quite what I was hoping for, I thought something sweeter. But these are only the first few fruits and I'm looking forward to seeing if the flavour changes over the season. All the same a keeper and I'll be saving seeds.

I'm afraid the pictures don't do the colour justice of the ripe fruits.

Here are 4 Ambrosia Red (pink) cherries in the middle of the bottom row, left a Sugar Drop and right Suncherry Extra F1. Above are Sungold and Black Opal.

Comment

Love cherry tomatoes in all shades. And they usually taste very nice too. Like all the flavour of a big tomato but concentrated into a small package.

Comment

Me too I just adore them, I love how their flavour changes and develops over the season too.I've already started to pick out the cherry varieties I'm going to grow next year!

Comment

• Galina
          Galina commented
          Editing a comment
          An aside ................................ talking about cherries ............... we are in love with Helsing Junction Blues. Perhaps it is because they took their time to mature slowly, but there is such a depth of flavour here and pounds from each plant too.
      Working...
      X