No announcement yet.

Mashua

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well timed, I've got some smaller tubers I've just put aside ready for potting up, so I can send some of these, though I don't think they are Ken Aslet,. I'm not sure where I've put them!!! - sorry.
    PM me your Address.

Comment

Brilliant, thank you! Here's to weird tubers!

Comment

Love them

Comment

A lovely box of tubers arrived today!* Thank you so much, especially for the surprise Snookie. The mashua look like alien eggs or something, brilliant! Can I plant them now?

* Actually the postman came when I was out back watering straw bales and left one of the dreaded red "we tried to deliver your parcel..." leaflets telling me to pick it up from the post office place in town in 24 hours. Fine, I thought, I'll send Michael out in the car to pick it up tomorrow. It wasn't until he got home and reminded me that it's Good Friday tomorrow that I realised they'd have to wait until Tuesday! Not so good for live plants. :/ Anyway he dashed off with my ID on the off chance that they'd let him have it if he said "live plants" enough times, and sure enough, came back with the box. Phew!

Comment

Lol. they do look a little weird, wait till you get them full size, well odd! Yes if you haven't already, plant them, they are fairly hardy. Though you may need to protect the leaves/shoots once they are through if you have a late frost .Once established they survive most winters here but not in the coldest of years. .

Comment

Thanks, I'll try to get them in tomorrow. They are going in two pots - one to grow up some trellis on the garage and one to grow over an arch. It's very exciting!

Comment

Sounds ideal

Comment

Working...
                X