Oca oddity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oca oddity

I spotted this little one yesterday, so cute. I believe a relatively common trait with Oca's, I've not found one before and excited about this one, though it is really quite a small tuber.

Click image for larger version

Name:	002.JPG
Views:	43
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	4798

How unusual - very pretty. Not common in my garden or on the websites I have seen. I would say it is very rare find, Jayb
    Last edited by Galina; 04-12-2015, 21:54.

Comment

Sorry I worded that badly. What I was meaning is chimeras are relatively common with ocas in comparison to other species. I know they happen with tomatoes, but I think the level of occurrence is much lower,

Comment

Very pretty! However, I suspect that you will get either pink or yellow tubers from that (depending on which sector sprouts out).

Comment

Yes I think you are right, I'm hoping there's enough of an eye on the white side for some to grow. The variety is Scarlet with White Eyes, which I believe is also known as Hopin, it would be quite fun to have a it in another form. I think I spotted another one yesterday (from a different variety), I haven't had a chance to look through properly yet though.

Comment

Working...
          X