No announcement yet.

Bolivian Giant Achocha

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Click image for larger version  Name:	giaachmatureseeds.JPG Views:	1 Size:	83.2 KB ID:	8656

Yes, they've suddenly grown. Keep going! I have harvested a couple and used like courgettes, now that the courgettes are all but gone. And I have got some black seeds which I am very happy about and of course happy to share. Round seeds again, that trait seems stable.
    Last edited by Galina; 05-10-2017, 23:06.

Comment

You updated it with a photo. I think I will be asking you for seed unfortunately. Mine is stuck I have two small fruit on the whole plant. I noticed these spikes this morning on the fruit. Mine is very yellow the cold has effected it.

Comment

You are very welcome to seeds Clumsy. I have some fruit with spikes too. Have now harvested quite a number of black seeds. My plant is also very yellow and I have harvested several of the achocha fruits. What a difference from last year.
        Last edited by Galina; 11-10-2017, 16:22.

Comment

• clumsy
          clumsy commented
          Editing a comment
          Envy seeing the photos of your harvest. Next year it will be different hopefully.

• Galina
          Galina commented
          Editing a comment
          It's just luck. Really envied yours last year and let's not talk about your great cucumbers

• clumsy
          clumsy commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes luck plays a big part in growing vegetables.

I've pulled the plant out with it turning yellow and the frost predicted tomorrow. This is what I got from it.

Comment

• Galina
          Galina commented
          Editing a comment
          That's sad, not much to show for. My plant that was entirely grown outdoors has now also got large fruits, but not as many as the one that was started in the greenhouse. I don't understand, as both your and my seeds came from exactly the same fruits. No difference. However, I have a good many 2017 seeds (and also Petit Gris de Rennes melon seeds) with your name on it.

• clumsy
          clumsy commented
          Editing a comment
          It's okay at least I got two. I don't mind it happens, too many variables in growing you can't point a finger at anything. Wow yes would love some seeds. Funnily enough I was looking at the seed website's of melons. Thankyou for the kind offer.

Mine is starting to produce.

Comment

Working...
        X