Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Galina
    commented on 's reply
    They are looking good. Mangetouts or shelling peas?

• clumsy
    replied
    I only sowed the few seeds from jayb can't remember the variety unfortunately. They are coming along nicely.

Leave a comment:

• Jang
    commented on 's reply
    Congratulations on your over-wintered pea success, triffid. I’ve tried to overwinter in the polytunnel so many times but they have always got munched by rodents even when two or three inches high. I have high hopes for Galina’s bottle defences next winter though. 🤞

Hope your flowering - and no doubt the activity that follows - isn’t too far away, Galina.

• triffid
    commented on 's reply
    That's great Jang! I wish I was growing Panthers this year. It really is marvelous imo.
    The first to flower here (mid-April) were overwintered Fruher Heinrich. Munched on the first pod yesterday. No broad beans yet.

• jayb
    commented on 's reply
    You and me both, thiough I trailing you! But as the weather is back to where it normally is perhaps it is ok.

• Galina
    commented on 's reply
    Still waiting impatiently for the first flowers. Enjoy Jang.

• Galina
    commented on 's reply
    Hope the Golden Sweet make it. Hope they all take and do their stuff for you Hector.

• Jang
    commented on 's reply
    A very nice selection.
    Good luck with that second sowing of Golden Sweet. Hope they show willing. At least you don’t need too many plants for a good feed or seed save.

• Jang
    replied
    Originally posted by triffid View Post
    This is fun! The pea bug continues to spread. What are your breeding plans for this lot? Just fyi Irish Prean and Bullroyd are very late if I recall correctly. And tall! Panthers was one of the earliest.
    Panthers is indeed the first in flower apart from the standard early, Douce Provence. Great to see.

(Picking Oregon Sugar Pod, Douce Provence and Meteor from the polytunnel, together with a few Grano Violetto broad beans. Lovely when the pea and bean eating season starts.)

Leave a comment:

• Hector1
    replied
    Crikey, I am behind you folks. Planted Sugar Magnolia, Golden Sweet, Sugar Blush and Opal Creek, in Root trainers at weekend and previous weekend. Poor germination of older Golden Sweet - planted more to compensate , so waiting for them to shock me and all take

Leave a comment:

• jayb
    commented on 's reply
    Way to go!

• Jang
    commented on 's reply
    Yes, I’m looking forward very much to having a go. It seems a great project to cut my teeth on.

• jayb
    commented on 's reply
    I think Opal Creek x Sugar Magnolia is a cross I also made a few years back but didn't have the chance to grow out. I think it would be a cracking little number.

• triffid
    commented on 's reply
    Yes it would appear that a small collection is beginning to coalesce! I have a few plans for them.. will have to start another topic

• Jang
    commented on 's reply
    I look forward to hearing more about your breeding plans with runner beans as well as peas, triffid.

And are you going to cross any broad beans? I wondered whether you have plans in mind as I think you're gathering quite a lot of different forms.
Working...
X