Visionary x Mummy White

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visionary x Mummy White

Mummy White (photo on the left) is said to be a crown pea. When I grew them, they showed some fasciation, but had no crown as such, all the flowers were in sprays along the 6ft stem. So I was looking forward to this cross with sprays of ar flowers.

Now in the F2, I got some plants with plain wild flower sprays and several more with white sprays. But the surprise of this cross were the 'proper' crown peas. Thick fasciated stems with flowers arranged all or almost all at the top. Two crown peas are about 4ft tall, one of them with ar flowers, 3 are tiny (compare to 6ft cane) plants, like visionary, all with ar flowers. The crown types are looking more attractive than the sprays, I think. So we have 3 different heights, around 6ft, around 4ft crown peas and just over a foot miniature crown peas.

Any of the plants with wild flower colour sprays can still in future generation change to ar flower colour if a recessive shows itself. But how crown characteristics are inherited remains a mystery. I do appreciate Rosakrone that has a lot more flowers on top and therefore a higher yield.

Click image for larger version  Name:	mummywhiteflowering.JPG Views:	2 Size:	98.4 KB ID:	14295 Click image for larger version  Name:	visi x mummy white size.JPG Views:	2 Size:	137.7 KB ID:	14296 Click image for larger version  Name:	visi x mummy white2.JPG Views:	2 Size:	110.6 KB ID:	14297 Click image for larger version  Name:	visi x mummy white 3.JPG Views:	2 Size:	54.2 KB ID:	14298
    Last edited by Galina; 19-06-2021, 10:47.
Working...
X