Opal Creek x Shiraz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opal Creek x Shiraz

I'm enjoying my F2 grow out of this cross, having started this second generation in mid-July.

I don't think you could really call these pods red, but they're certainly not the same pure purple colour as plain Shiraz or as others in this grow out. I'll see what they're like when fully grown.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4677 2.JPG
Views:	27
Size:	551.9 KB
ID:	15740

The best red is on smaller pods, they get darker as they age. Certainly red! Congratulations. What other variations did you get in this F2? To have the second generation in the same year producing so early is also great and the foliage is looking good still. By the way, the old trick to make them look redder is to photograph against light. Not that I am any good at it.

Comment

• Jang
      Jang commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for your encouragement.
      Alongside the plant above, I have a yellow podded mangetout, a white flowered green podded and one or two purple/green mixed colouring. They’re of varying heights but none yet taller than about 4’6”. Most seem to be mangetout.
      I’m also growing the F2 of Opal Creek x Sugar Magnolia in which there’s a similar mix of colours, including again one reddish, though as yet very small, pod. The average height is a little more, and most look to be a sugar snap shape. Much as you’d expect, I guess.
      I’m looking forward to watching them all develop.
Working...
X