Opal Creek x Sugar Magnolia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opal Creek x Sugar Magnolia

I'll be looking for all red snaps from this cross, maybe a mangetout will sneak in too? Only on the F1's from a late sowing, might be too late for seed this year. So far purple/mauve flowers and purple leaf axils, some with a small amount of colour bleeding into the leaf.

Click image for larger version

Name:	066.JPG
Views:	65
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	4018

Name:	067.JPG
Views:	56
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	4019

Name:	003.JPG
Views:	64
Size:	103.1 KB
ID:	4020

What a fabulous project. Wish you very good luck with it and will follow this venture with much interest!

Comment

Pretty flowers!

Comment

Thanks.
        Teh first few pods are setting, it looks like some have part purple/green pods. I'll try and get a picture later but it's a bit manic as family staying for the bank hol

Comment

• Galina
          Galina commented
          Editing a comment
          Have a great time and catch up. Hope the weather is good for outings in the fabulous part of the country you call home

• jayb
          jayb commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks, the weather was surprisingly ok compared to the forecasts, not bikini weather but we managed a bbq, walks on the hill, visiting castles, beaches, quad biking, lots of games - cricket and rounders were most popular (too energetic for me) and dog walks. A really lovely time with lots of fun. I may not move for a week or more!

Did you get any joy from these F1s Jayb?

Comment

I'm not sure where I am with these at the moment. I think I saved some seed, but whether it was sown last year and perished. I'll have a check through my seeds when I get a chance, if they are not in the right place amongst the crosses, it might take a little time to find them.

Comment

• Galina
            Galina commented
            Editing a comment
            This is one of the crosses I made this year. So a seed share next year( if you have lost yours) is a promise. Before I promise however, I have to find all my crosses again. The storms have caused considerable havoc with the peas here. I had quite a few broken plants. I will repeat the cross to make sure I can offer some..
        Working...
        X