Blue Belle tps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue Belle tps

I'd almost forgotten about these! A slightly different location and they have remained blight free until now. I've dug them all up except one plant which is still looking good (the purple with black eyes)

I'm hoping some tasty tatters, though from a looks perspective there are only a few I'd be interested in growing again next year. A nice show of diversity,

Click image for larger version

Name:	008-001.JPG
Views:	50
Size:	164.3 KB
ID:	4268

Such a lovely picture of diversity. Interesting - they *all* have some colour, at least a tinge of pink. The one in the centre looks like Carolus. The one at one o'clock looks like Blue Belle, the dark purples are striking too.

Comment

The shiny purple at the bottom is a tasty one, it has white creamy flesh.
      My fav colour one though is the purple with black eyes, really pretty.
      Happily they all taste good, quite similar to Blue Belle, I think a good variety to grow from tps.

Comment

Not the biggest harvest, but quite good considering they were pulled early.

Name:	004.JPG
Views:	43
Size:	149.4 KB
ID:	4276

Nice white or just off white flesh with the purples.

Name:	030.JPG
Views:	42
Size:	162.9 KB
ID:	4277

Comment

I finally dug the one remaining plant last week, The black around the eyes has faded to more of a purple. Several tubers are a decent size, there perhaps would have been a few more except one of the main stems had snapped early on in the wind.

Name:	005-001.JPG
Views:	48
Size:	101.7 KB
ID:	4661

Comment

Now that's a biro in the picture? Just look at their size in comparison. They are huge and grown from tps? Seems hard to believe. Congratulations, Jayb! Broken stem or not - you can well be chuffed with these

Comment

Happy, the selection of Blue Belle tps I selected to plant this year have all stored really well (in the spare room) and are only starting to sprout now. Alongside Blue Belle has quite large sprouts.

Comment

Working...
              X