Hot Dog x Inky Squid tps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot Dog x Inky Squid tps

I've 5 little seedlings from this cross, sown in August. I'm hoping they might manage a little mini tuber or two, I'd love a preview on what this cross might do. One seedling looks very small leaved and unlikely to come to anything, but they have had a few greenfly on them so maybe now they are squished they'll do better. Another seedling which was the strongest looking got slugged, though it has managed start some new leaves. They look ever so small and fragile at the moment....

This is the one that got slugged
    Click image for larger version

Name:	006.JPG
Views:	42
Size:	293.1 KB
ID:	4288

Doesn't appear to be any Antho on this one

Name:	007.JPG
Views:	40
Size:	102.8 KB
ID:	4287

Are they growing in the poly tunnel? Hope you get little tubers even now.

Comment

I've brought them in the house since the slug attack, coupled with LB bubbling about. I thought although not such good growing conditions inside they would have the better chance of surviving. Mini tubers- it's asking quite a lot so late but it will be amazing if they do

Comment

5 plants, 4 plants are in 1 litre pots and the smallest plant (not in the picture) is in a pot about a quarter of the size. They are out in the greenhouse now they are a bit bigger, it's slow growing but look a lot more promising for some mini tubers now.

Name:	051.JPG
Views:	39
Size:	271.2 KB
ID:	4610

Comment

Little mini tubers from this sowing (bottom row), I quite like the shape, it might become more elongated when grown out properly. One of the purples has cream flesh the other is purple or at least part purple fleshed.

Name:	034.JPG
Views:	43
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	4965

Comment

Working...
          X