Abbot, first early.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abbot, first early.

A modern quick to form first early, similar cropping time to Rocket and Swift, but in my opinion a much better flavour.
    Plant haulms are fairly short, stems are quite dark coloured and leaves are a nice deep green. Flowers will set and pod set looks like it has the potential to be good.

These are from last year, the eyes have a very faint bluey-mauve colouration. I'm picking some very soon, I'll let you know skin and flesh colour.

Click image for larger version

Name:	003.JPG
Views:	43
Size:	249.0 KB
ID:	6336

Comment

I'm growing these again this year, I've had some in buckets in the poly tunnel for an earlier crop and they have done very well, some lovely tasting spuds and very quick to crop, easy to grow and straight forward. I've also got around 8 or 10 plants growing in the potato patch and they were the first to start flowering (closely followed by Athlete, Alouette, Bikini and Desiree) Once again a lovely show of flowers and some seed pods forming which is great as I've misplaced the ones I saved from last year.

Name:	031.JPG
Views:	47
Size:	126.5 KB
ID:	8156

Name:	030.JPG
Views:	45
Size:	123.3 KB
ID:	8157

Comment

Got to love potatoes I reckon these should keep me going for a few years!

Name:	061.JPG
Views:	47
Size:	115.2 KB
ID:	8245

Comment

• Galina
          Galina commented
          Editing a comment
          WoW!
      Working...
      X