Aimée [from Desirée]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aimée [from Desirée]

One of the twelve new varieties I selected from my TPS project last year. Aimée grew from seed from Desirée which is a potato I like a lot. I picked this one because it was the standout in terms of productivity.

Not bad for a plant from TPS in tight spacing with no food. Harvested 30/10/15.

Ordinary-looking tubers, yellowish skin and cream flesh. Tasted good, stored well.

Plant grown from tuber (sown 31/03/16), photo taken 23/05/15. All potatoes spaced at 30cm both directions in a raised bed.

First flower opened 25/06/16.

Since the parent is a maincrop, I'm expecting this one to be late too.
    Last edited by Silverleaf; 29-06-2016, 11:10.

And they are flowering already - lovely! As you so kindly sent me a tuber it will be interesting to compare how they do here.

Comment

Yeah, definitely interesting to see how they do in different conditions.

Comment

I'm a bit worried I can't find mine!!!!! I've still plants to harvest, but still not sure where they are
        How are yours doing?

Comment

They were unfortunately not that special here, but nice enough and will grow again. Yield was not very high here. Good flavour and certainly good with blight too.
          Last edited by Galina; 24-09-2016, 04:59.

Comment

Oh good I'm glad you had a crop, LB resistance and good flavour sound excellent qualities to me
            In that case they may well have survived

Comment

• Galina
              Galina commented
              Editing a comment
              Hope you will find them.

There are still several to come in yet, I just know there are some some gaps and missing labels. where is that masterplan when I need it. Next year I'm going to photocopy it onto the computer.

Comment

• Galina
              Galina commented
              Editing a comment
              I have kept two tubers for next year, the others are in the food store. You are welcome to one tuber, Jayb.
          Working...
          X