Random Firkle Pink Fingerling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random Firkle Pink Fingerling

I grew this from seed last year, I pulled one tuber from the plant and loved the colour and long shape. see first picture.

Click image for larger version  Name:	011.JPG Views:	1 Size:	251.2 KB ID:	7934

I'm growing the above tuber in a flower bucket which I fear is going to be much too small for this plant. Quite excited that it is flowering and it's looking like a couple of pods might set
    Last edited by jayb; 11-06-2017, 06:14.

Cracking looking

Comment

Yes it is. No potato flowers here yet on any of them. Good luck with seedballs.

Comment

That colour is amazing!

Comment

I don't think my first post was too clear (so I've done an edit) the Pink tuber was found last year and the flowers are from the resulting plant. I'll be really chuffed if it does set some berries. I'm toying with the idea of planting it in the ground?

Comment

Originally posted by Galina View Post
            Yes it is. No potato flowers here yet on any of them. Good luck with seedballs.
            Thank you, your luck had a magic touch!

Click image for larger version

Name:	051.JPG
Views:	53
Size:	121.2 KB
ID:	8140

Comment

• Galina
              Galina commented
              Editing a comment
              Oh WOW! Fab.

We had a bit of an accident with some of the fruits, I say we - but it was more the high speed crash Seren made into the plant that knocked off a handful of berries! I've put the fallen ones in a little tray on the windowsill to hopefully ripen, some are quite small in size. The largest pod I harvested the seed, I wasn't sure the seeds were going to be hard and ripe enough but surprisingly they were. After a bit of processing I sowed the seeds, delighted with the result.

Click image for larger version

Name:	022.JPG
Views:	61
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	8324

I've just been potting up the seedlings around 30

Aiming for some late autumn mini tubers to select from.

Comment

Ooh, good save. Hope the rest of the berries ripen on the windowsill ok. They look pretty mature. The harvested seed must have sprouted without any delay? Happy that Seren is back to full strength and mischief again

Comment

Yes the berries are looking fairly good and are mostly remaining firm which is good
                To give the seeds a chance of producing mini tubers in the autumn, I decided to treat with Gib acid to get uniformed sprouting, otherwise they could have sat there waiting to sprout for months.

Thanks You're right , there's fair bit of mischief going on! Seren is feeling great, she is so full of life and just loving being busy busy. I've booked her in to be spayed next week, I hope she forgives me, I hate to put her through another operation, but I think the best for her long term.

Comment

Working...
                X