No announcement yet.

Potato harvesting anyone?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It seems that a chunk of this thread has gone missing. We haven't had that problem for a while but it is back. Have others noticed their posts and replies go missing? Admin?

Comment

Ianthe flowers from last year. I love this blue colour and the dark anthers and it isn't shy about flowering either.

Comment

I was harvesting the volunteer sarpo potatoes and I found an egg lifting the soil. My neighbour was standing next to me he couldn't believe.
        Attached Files

Comment

Are folks allowed chickens on your allotments? Did one escape? I bet you both were surprised.

I once found a pheasant egg in mulch I had put down. They lay their eggs anywhere and forget about them. Just smaller than chicken and light olive. Went to show OH and when we came back 'somebody' had bitten a hole into the egg and eaten the contents. Voles I expect. Your egg still looks intact.

Comment

We can't have chickens on the allotment. That's why I was surprised at the egg. My plot is fenced off so not sure how it got there. The egg was intact as I lifted the soil it just came out. I gave the egg to my neighbour to have instead.

Comment

Working...
            X