Aji Fantasy (Sparkly White), capsicum baccatum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aji Fantasy (Sparkly White), capsicum baccatum

A lovely pepper bred in Finland. Very crisp and fresh and just the merest hint of heat. Very unique shape and flavour. The problem with beige white fruits that do not mature to red is that it is difficult to determine when the fruit is mature enough to take seeds. As a result I have lower germination with this one than with other peppers.

Tonight we enjoyed a couple in a salad and they are very yum indeed.

The plants are rather large, two foot plus, and to my experience light bearers. I may not have worked out yet how to get higher yields. Tried once to overwinter them and failed, currently trying again.

We have two overwintered plants if this variety....so will be interesting to see how they do

Comment

• Galina
      Galina commented
      Editing a comment
      I am pleased you managed to overwinter them, mine did not make it, despite it looking good initially. They are still in their pots being watered just in case a new leaf should appear, but I doubt it by now. Yours should do very well and give a much bigger harvest. I had a good harvest last year and took seed as well. Maybe the plants thought they had done their bit. Very best of luck with them.

Heres hoping you get sprouting. Loved the taste of these and due to home circumstances last season we did nothing to protect them and they came through

Comment

Hope yours sprouted into action. Two survivors here are sprouting happily and their babies from seed growing well. Really like this variety

Comment

• Galina
        Galina commented
        Editing a comment
        No not this year. I have plenty others but will sow them again next year. Glad yours are looking happy and hope they will soon start flowering and then producing. Such a lovely pepper

Last years overwintered did not make it but two of their youngsters growing. Really like this chilli

Comment

They are a really striking looking fruit, glad you have a couple of plants growing.

Comment

Working...
        X