Started My Chilli

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Started My Chilli

First little plant for next year. I started a bit early this year with hot chillies. Placed the jiffy pellets on the radiator it took two weeks for this little plant.

Hope the others follow soon. It is difficult to get good light for them this time of year. What chili is it?

Comment

Mixer of few hot varieties, Pink tiger chilli,trinidad moruga,naga. I've got five now slowly they are coming along. I think anxiety was affecting me for starting this early.

Comment

It is very early and 2 weeks is a long time to wait for these little seedlings. Glad they are coming along. Some nice pepper varieties there. I have never started this early. Something else to learn perhaps. Your chilis are always such nice plants and early harvest.

Comment

Yeah I know it's early, normally sprout the seeds on a damp cloth but I'm not to sure why I changed the method. It's only few plants the next seed sowing will be late january unless feel the need to do it early. I don't mind they get leggy will plant them deeper they will make more root system like tomato plants do.

Comment

Not wanting to question your plans, Clumsy, but the reason you can plant tomatoes deeper if they have got leggy is that they sprout roots higher up very easily. Do peppers do that? I really shouldn't question you because you are much more experienced with early peppers . Whichever, they will benefit from the best light you can give them. And from tomorrow on the days will get longer again. I don't know what it is about dark days. Today we had 12C, but I was still cold with a warm jumper and a jacket. In brighter weather, I would have ditched the jacket. Something about the dark that causes that. Plants don't like it very much either. At least the worst is over now.

Thrive little pepper plants. Hope you will harvest very early - in July perhaps? I still have fresh Alberto Locoto and Trepadeira Werners for the kitchen now, then it will be peppers from the freezer and last the dried ones.

Comment

It's a valid question and they do root. Few years ago I had chilli plants that were leggy and they leaned on their side just touching the compost after a while white roots appeared. It did surprise me if these do I will try to take a photo.

Comment

Thank you Clumsy. Glad to know this. Such a useful feature.

Comment

update on the chilli plants all germinated.

Comment

• Galina
                    Galina commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Ten out of ten! The one with purple leaves top right looks very attractive.

• clumsy
                    clumsy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yes the purple leaves do look attractive.

some of the chillies in the quadgrow. Very hot to mild.

Comment

Working...
                  X