Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Micro Blue picture progress (under growlights)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Micro Blue picture progress (under growlights)

8/11 I sowed a further 8 seeds of Micro Blue from two batches of seeds, 7 have germinated. I'm hoping to grow these on unchecked to get a better idea of possible days from sowing to ripe fruit (STR). (The previous batch, were initially started in some old potting compost and didn't thrive at first, I'm not sure if it will alter the outcome or if it all comes out in the wash) These were sown in newly bought general purpose compost in a propagator and will be grown on under grow lights.

I'm aiming to update each week.

Day 6

Click image for larger version  Name:	026.jpg Views:	0 Size:	699.8 KB ID:	10255

Day 8

Click image for larger version  Name:	001.jpg Views:	0 Size:	608.1 KB ID:	10256
    Last edited by jayb; 28-11-2019, 20:46.

Taken Day 16
    Click image for larger version

Name:	049.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	618.4 KB
ID:	10352

Comment

They are also looking lush and a nice dark green colour. Have any fruit set in the first bunch?

Comment

• jayb
        jayb commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, can't believe how fast they are developing! Not the best fruit set but a few fruits on them all, I've some pictures to update.

Day 22, they are growing really well and I'm hoping to move these on into individual pots in the next day or two.

Click image for larger version  Name:	028.JPG Views:	1 Size:	549.8 KB ID:	10496
      Last edited by jayb; 08-12-2019, 21:17.

Comment

Day 28, (week 4), I potted these up a few days ago into 1 litre pots, they took a bit of teasing apart and I should have done it earlier. This batch are ahead of the previous one at this point( first flowers buds showing) by approx. 16 days

Click image for larger version  Name:	217.JPG Views:	1 Size:	653.9 KB ID:	10498

Click image for larger version  Name:	218.JPG Views:	1 Size:	684.5 KB ID:	10499

Click image for larger version  Name:	219.JPG Views:	1 Size:	681.5 KB ID:	10500

Last edited by jayb; 29-12-2019, 10:19.

Comment

• Galina
          Galina commented
          Editing a comment
          Amazingly fast. Congratulations.

• clumsy
          clumsy commented
          Editing a comment
          Wow that was quick.

Picture Date, Day 36 (5 weeks and a day) They are continuing to remain ahead of the previous batch by around 15/16 days and it will be interesting to see if this remains steady.

Click image for larger version  Name:	026-001.JPG Views:	1 Size:	427.5 KB ID:	10626

Click image for larger version  Name:	021.JPG Views:	1 Size:	641.5 KB ID:	10627

Click image for larger version  Name:	022.JPG Views:	1 Size:	545.6 KB ID:	10628

Click image for larger version  Name:	023.JPG Views:	1 Size:	535.4 KB ID:	10629
        Last edited by jayb; 29-12-2019, 10:29.

Comment

Day 43 (six weeks and a day) Flowers and or flowers and tiny set fruit on all of the second batch now. There are a couple of noticeable off-type Micro Blues from both batches (they are slightly too tall) shown in the last picture and which won't be selected for seed.

Name:	033.JPG
Views:	27
Size:	615.4 KB
ID:	10631

Name:	035.JPG
Views:	24
Size:	581.1 KB
ID:	10632

Name:	046.JPG
Views:	27
Size:	499.4 KB
ID:	10633

Name:	037.JPG
Views:	25
Size:	572.2 KB
ID:	10634

Comment

Fruit changing colour . Interesting that there are these differences. Are MicroBlue not a stable variety yet?

Comment

• jayb
              jayb commented
              Editing a comment
              No, I'm afraid not quite yet, I misplaced some seed and had to go back a couple of generations, though overall there isn't much variation. The height is perhaps more noticeable in the 'Winter Garden'. I've been saving seeds from as wide a selection as I can and will make the final selection in a couple of generations, but I know I want them to be 'Micro' of the same size as Micro Tom. I will likely save seeds from the taller ones but they won't be called 'Micro Blue'.

The fruits do go through colour changes, I find it part of their charm. The 'dots' of antho are quite large at first, then as a pre ripen the blue flushes down the fruit, followed some days later by the underlying ripening. It's quite pretty. The fruits never take on the same inky blue-black as say Dancing with Smurfs, it is just a light dusting and the fruit skin colour underneath comes through.

Perhaps I should rethink the name.
          Working...
          X