Nine Star doing well

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nine Star doing well

After a bit of a hicup with losses in last two years ( one due to neglect during illness, another due to cow invasion we have had 8 plants thrive. Enjoying daughter cooking the heads and leaves with soy/ lemon/ garlic. Going to try mist propagation with these.

Plant looks beautiful and healthy, that head looks a really good size
    Yum, yum don't they look and sound delish! Good luck with the mist propagation, how do you go about that?

Comment

• Hector1
      Hector1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Its one of these...friend sold me on them. Main aim is to propagate enough Rugosa roses for hedging, Hostas for a shade border and also clematis.

I thought I would try with the Nine Star...we shall see. Have layered before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzPFKrBg3cU

• jayb
      jayb commented
      Editing a comment
      Great video, thanks for the link, a pleasure to watch.
      Interesting you mention Rugosa roses for hedging, I've a couple growing that came from my Aunt, which in turn came from my Grandmother and from her mother, who knows how many generations back they go. I very much want to keep these going and multiply them.

I hope your mist projects go well.

Nine star is it the cut and come again cauliflower? Looks good.

Comment

• Hector1
      Hector1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Its lovely, big though. Getting about one fair sized head and seven offshoots like sprouting broccoli.

Looks really good.

I had difficulty several weeks ago finding seed of Nine Star broccoli and out of curiosity bought some seed called White Star broccoli which was claimed to be perennial. It produced one poor lone seedling. I’ll be interested to see if it’s anything like Nine Star.

I’ll also be very interested to hear how you get on with mist propagation. I’m assuming you’ve bought the setup shown on the video. It looks very promising.
    Last edited by Jang; 14-04-2020, 06:46.

Comment

Looking very good Hector. Congratulations.

Mine not so much. Most of the perennial veg has moved, but unfortunately I lost the Nine Star . However I have got fresh seeds from Brown Envelope Seeds and will start again.

Comment

Looks delicious, very well done

Comment

Working...
        X