Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clumsy
    replied
    They are looking great soon you'll be planting them in their final place.

Leave a comment:

• Galina
    commented on 's reply
    And checking daily how accurate the 14 day weather forecast is. We have been comparing several weather sites and have found one that seems to be better than others. I have 5 MyDwA plants and 2 will go to harden off in the greenhouse. If the worst happens I will have 3 left, including another with antho. Yes this year has been strange everywhere. Last week when all of a sudden all the trees burst into blossom was when the frosts stopped here. Might have had a couple of grass frosts since but not a hard frost. So phenology rules - the trees seem to know when to flower. But tomatoes and especially peppers prefer a bit warmer than just frost free to thrive without being checked. Caution is still advised.
    Last edited by Galina; 27-04-2020, 07:04.

• Jang
    commented on 's reply
    I wondered the same. Great looking foliage on that MydwA plant.

Are you feeling your way with when to transfer to your new greenhouse?

We look to be frost free now and the last one was a couple of weeks ago (wish I’d recorded the date). A disturbingly strange year in many ways.

• Galina
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you Triffid. It is 'My dwarf A', bred by Jayb, a very compact tomato with some antho in the fruit and plants.

• triffid
    replied
    Everything is looking good Galina. What are MydwA tomatoes?

Leave a comment:

• Galina
    started a topic A few pictures of the boxes on the balcony

A few pictures of the boxes on the balcony

Click image for larger version  Name:	inoutbuildersboxes.JPG Views:	1 Size:	100.8 KB ID:	12202

These are some of my growing plants that cannot go out into the greenhouse yet. They are in large boxes with capillary matting, on the balcony during the day and in at night.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_2781.jpg Views:	3 Size:	118.2 KB ID:	12198

Chilis and tomatoes in box.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_2782.jpg Views:	3 Size:	15.7 KB ID:	12199

Two MydwA tomato plants, the one on the right with beautifully purple flushed leaves. I think I see the first hint of flowers developing. They are ready to harden off in the greenhouse and the pots are really getting too small for them, but compost for another potting up is in very short supply this year.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_2783.jpg Views:	3 Size:	140.7 KB ID:	12200

View inside a box with squashes, broccoli, lettuces and a few other things.
    Last edited by Galina; 26-04-2020, 15:30.
Working...
X