Tomato pictures 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tomato pictures 2016

First to flower, Lovely Lush a new to me Bradley Gates variety. Picture taken on 8/5, sown first/second week of March.

Click image for larger version

Name:	011.JPG
Views:	53
Size:	119.2 KB
ID:	5889

Green house cherry tomatoes recently planted in their final position, plus a few duplicates waiting for a good home, I've not put in any supports yet! A bit scruffy looking as they are all that little bit different in growth to each other.

Name:	078.JPG
Views:	43
Size:	150.2 KB
ID:	5891

Comment

What size in litres do you eventually pot your micros in.

Comment

What Brad Gates variety is this? They are not usually ultra early, so one that does flower this early is excellent news. A lovely looking plant, Jayb.

All Brad Gates tomatoes that I have grown so far had really great, strong flavours. Often with surprising flavour accents like the pronounced citrus flavour of Yellow Furry Hog for example. They are a bit special and not widely known in the UK.
        Last edited by Galina; 17-05-2016, 10:22.

Comment

Originally posted by Hector1 View Post
          What size in litres do you eventually pot your micros in.
          Sorry I'm so slow in answering, the micros go into 1 litre pots, sometimes 2litre if I am only growing a few of them.

Comment

• Galina
            Galina commented
            Editing a comment
            And how deep (tall?) are the pots?

• jayb
            jayb commented
            Editing a comment
            I'll have to check for you later, but I'd have thought around 6" high.

Originally posted by Galina View Post
          What Brad Gates variety is this? They are not usually ultra early, so one that does flower this early is excellent news. A lovely looking plant, Jayb.

All Brad Gates tomatoes that I have grown so far had really great, strong flavours. Often with surprising flavour accents like the pronounced citrus flavour of Yellow Furry Hog for example. They are a bit special and not widely known in the UK.
          It's a new one called Lovely Lush http://shop.wildboarfarms.com/LOVELY...LOVELYLUSH.htm

Yes it was a bit of a surprise to see it flowering first, wonder if it will set and mature quickly too?. I've started quite a few striped varieties this year, many are Wild Boar Farms, looking forward to them nom nom!

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Mix of dwarf and small determinate types. From the bottom up Chautreuse, Woolly and some blues, Variegated and basket type.

Name:	007.JPG
Views:	45
Size:	241.0 KB
ID:	5922

Comment

Young variegated mini dwarf, colour is only just starting to show, I think this one is either the Mivvi line or Little Big Chocolate Yum

Name:	008.JPG
Views:	52
Size:	119.5 KB
ID:	5924

Comment

One of my cherry type picks for this year 'Melzane', which is the name it came to me under. It is a segregating variety and I'm looking for little pear shaped, striped fruit with or without antho.

Leaves have quite a lot of colour.

Name:	019.JPG
Views:	54
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	5926

Comment

Greenhouse cherry tomato progress, I only managed to add strings in the week, so some are a bit floppy with bent stems. They should soon straighten up though.

Picture taken yesterday.

Name:	001.JPG
Views:	43
Size:	156.1 KB
ID:	6002

Comment

These looked so pretty this morning with the dew loaded up on them, highlighting the hairs on the woolly leaves. First night out, but I think some will be potted up and grown on in the greenhouse.

Name:	017.JPG
Views:	50
Size:	212.1 KB
ID:	6101

Name:	018.JPG
Views:	45
Size:	226.4 KB
ID:	6102

Comment

• Galina
                        Galina commented
                        Editing a comment
                        glad they didn't get frosted Yes they look very pretty.

Super photos. All looking very promising

Comment

Working...
                      X