Relaxing after a busy day!

Click image for larger version

Name:	004.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	495.3 KB
ID:	10142

Cute pup! Border collie?

Comment

An upsidedown springer, still very much a pup, although coming up for three and a half!
      Goodness time flies!

Comment

• triffid
        triffid commented
        Editing a comment
        Ah I see it now. Not too good at upturned dog identification.

• jayb
        jayb commented
        Editing a comment
        Me neither! Although a pure Springer, people often ask what she is. I guess so many hybrids around now it's not as clear.

Did you tire her out? She also still very much loves her soft toys. Springer Spaniels are probably the nicest looking of all dogs and so friendly and lively. She is a darling!

Comment

• jayb
        jayb commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you. Yes, she still adores her toys and has way too many! She has her favourites and will carry them around for ages, or use them as a pillow. She rarely damages them, though the other two dogs will destroy toys in no time at all! Seren has in particular kept this one from harm's way, it's her oldest toy and the one she was given by the breeder the day we brought her home.

I didn't know dogs got sickness bugs, but I do now. Seren has had the doggie equivalent of norovirus the last few days and has been vomiting so much, then she got muscle stiffness/cramps which was really painful. I think the sickness took hold more for her as she is currently on steroids so she has a lower immune system. Thankfully she started to improve yesterday and we had a sofa day together. Today she is a little brighter again and eating a little which is such a relief and we're able to catch up on some lost sleep. The vets have asked for her to go for blood tests Thursday just to check nothing else is going on.

It seems the sickness bug has been doing the rounds this winter and has flared up again, though I'm not sure where she could have picked it up from. I know no one else is in my area, I just thought I'd post, as at first, I thought she might have had been poisoned.

Comment

• Galina
        Galina commented
        Editing a comment
        Poor Seren, if it is there she will pick it up. Glad she is a little better now your doggy star. Could she have picked up and chewed something on a walk or drank from a dirty puddle where other dogs have been who had a virus? Those muscle cramps sound awful. People get them if their electrolytes are low, with heat, dehydration and muscle exhaustion. Is there a doggie Dioralyte equivalent? Do you take water for her on walks? Hope she recovers really quickly to her usual mischievous self.

• triffid
        triffid commented
        Editing a comment
        Poor doggie, must have been so worrying for you. I'm very glad to read she's brightening up, hope she makes a full recovery soon. A wee bit of salted peanut butter could help with the electrolytes as Galina mentioned.

• Jang
        Jang commented
        Editing a comment
        I do hope she’s steadily improving. Springer spaniels are so adorable. The only dog I’ve had as an adult was a springer. Mad, but the doggiest of dogs.
        And Seren looks very special from that bundle of soft white fur in your photo.

Whata lovely dog.! Hope she feels better soon.

Comment

Thank you all for your good wishes and helpful ideas and tips. Seren is better again today, although still not fully herself, we are taking it nice and easy.

I wouldn't have given peanut butter a thought and she does love it, thanks. Galina, the emergency Vet I spoke to advised a spoonful of sugar dissolved in her drinking water might help and some dogs find it easier to keep that down than straight water. I also simmered her some chicken breasts in the hope she would be able to eat some later on and used the cooking broth to tempt her to drink once she had stopped vomiting so violently. I think you could probably get electrolytes for dogs, I think usually though when she goes into the vets for the day or longer in the hospital they put her on a drip to keep fluids up.
        I always carry a bottle of water in the car for her and the others, just now we are not driving to go for walks and I must admit I don't take water with me when I'm walking from home on the common or in the fields around us, but I am very wary of her drinking from anything that might be contaminated.

Comment

• Galina
          Galina commented
          Editing a comment
          Hope that today sees Seren back to her normal self, She does get treated so well with chicken breasts and broth. 'Granddog' Sophie is a bit prone to digestive upsets and gets rice and scrambled eggs when she is not quite right. She loves the egg especially. But Seren's recent bout sounds much more serious than anything Sophie has ever had.

• jayb
          jayb commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you yes, Seren is very much back up to speed!

I hope Sophie doesn't suffer too often, such a sweety. Yes egg is a favourite here too but she rarely gets the chance, it's normally chicken, rice and broth for recovery.
      Working...
      X