Weather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weather

Tonight I'm upstairs using the computer and I can hear the wind gusting and whistling outside, at times it's rustling the roof tiles. Rain, when it comes, is harsh and driving, not a nice night.

I hope it is nicer where you are.

It's bloomin awful down here! Gusts and extremely noisy precipitation. Sounds like hail against the window.
    This week might yield an opportunity to collect beached seaweed.. silver linings..

Comment

Not quite as bad but the night before I kept waking up time and again with strange noises, wind and driving rain. Not a nice time of year!

Comment

• jayb
        jayb commented
        Editing a comment
        Agreed, not a nice time. This morning when I took the dogs out ( I was a bit late as it was a restless night and I fell heavy asleep come early morning) I was quite expecting to find damage to the house, going on how it sounded through the night. Very surprised and pleased there was nothing obvious other than broken small branches strewn around the garden.

• Galina
        Galina commented
        Editing a comment
        What a relief. We usually have broken fences, as we were required to have "close boarded" fences. And that is a lot of wind resistance. We had one case of a huge branch off the Bramley tree which missed the greenhouse by inches. That could have been nasty. But we also always check the roof tiles after a grim night. Glad you are ok.

A beautiful day yesterday, lots of sunshine, which I could feel warm on my back and pretty much not a breath of a breeze in the afternoon.

Today it's back to a right wet howler. The chooks had had enough of it this afternoon and all went to bed early, which meant I could shut them up safe when I came back with the dogs from our walk.

Peeling off wet jeans whilst standing in a puddle of water on the floor is not the best feeling.

Comment

Wet and wild again today, I think countrywide.
        Chickens aren't impressed they have all gone back in the coop.

Comment

• Galina
          Galina commented
          Editing a comment
          Same here, foul, but unusually warm, very windy too.

• jayb
          jayb commented
          Editing a comment
          Sorry to hear it's poor with you too, yes mild for the time of year. I took the dogs for a short walk early afternoon and it was one step forward 3 diagonally!

It's snowing and settling looking through the window.

Comment

• triffid
          triffid commented
          Editing a comment
          Must be nice Have barely been able to hear myself think this past 36 hours.

I love seeing how everything looks following snow.
        A mixed bag of sun, sleet, rain and hail here. The wind shows no sign of giving up, although it has changed direction and is much colder than of late.

Comment

Still windy did have snow but all melted away. But it is cold.

Comment

And more of the same forecast for the weekend too, best batten down again.
            No snow here but loud loud thunder last night, and heavy hail storm, had to sit up with the dogs for a while until it all quietened down and they stopped shaking.

Comment

Wales has it bad. How are you faring, jayb?

Comment

• Galina
                Galina commented
                Editing a comment
                Saw the reports on the box and it is very grim for many. I hope Gower was outside of the worst zone and that everybody else is ok too.

We have been very lucky here so far. Water running down from the fields behind us flooded some of the garden but thankfully didn't come over the door, water was quick to go down too. The lane to the house has been partially washed out, with an impromptu river. But these are nothing when I look at the news and see the devastation for so many.

Comment

• Jang
                Jang commented
                Editing a comment
                Relieved that neither you nor too much of your growing area are too badly under water. Let’s hope it stops soon.

• triffid
                triffid commented
                Editing a comment
                It's terrible. Glad to hear you've been spared the worst of it.

Went to the allotment today, first time since Storm Ciara and Dennis hit. Relieved to see nothing too badly out of place.
              Poor neighbours on the other hand... their shed is literally upside-down.

Comment

• clumsy
                clumsy commented
                Editing a comment
                Forgot to take a photo my neighbours homemade greenhouse the glass has broken in pieces.

• Galina
                Galina commented
                Editing a comment
                So sad when that happens. So much work and getting ready for the growing season, then a kick in the face like that.

Okay in the morning rain again afternoon plus cold.

Comment

• jayb
                jayb commented
                Editing a comment
                I hope the worst of it passes you by.

Raining as usual.

Comment

Feel for you.

Although really wet yesterday evening and overnight it turned out we had mostly a sunny afternoon, bliss. Hope it is on the way to you all.

Comment

• Jang
                  Jang commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Lovely day here today. It made its way eastward in the end.

Indeed bliss. Lots of planting out and reclaiming of beds from their winter doldrums.

• jayb
                  jayb commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Glad the weather was lovely in your area too. Sounds like you had a busy but productive day.
              Working...
              X