What plant overhead in polytunnel gym

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What plant overhead in polytunnel gym

My daughter is shielding but needs to train/have access to gym. lost my Polytunnel to cause any ideas what could be grown overhead in this set up? Ignore how bad Toms looked last season in pics. Iam going to squeeze in an Aubergine or two......
    https://www.instagram.com/p/B-ZgwXBl...=1c6xj70womo0a

if interested, this is why she is training....very proud of her.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0wYl08XpIs

Difficult, I can visualise containers with peppers or mini tomatoes, but not how to water them Hector.

Comment

Aha- watering possible like this one...Just not certain what I could tie up in roof/grow down ceiling that could still give a crop. Grew Trombocino last season but it would dangle down too much.

Comment

I can well imagine how important it is to support your daughter's great efforts. A lovely Youtube video. Good luck to her.

Do you have any floor level space so that you could water large pots in one corner? Cucumbers are less vigorous than Trombocino I'd think (though not grown Trombocino so not sure). Melons also climb but aren't so vigorous that they would hang down perhaps.

Comment

I have three mini white cukes. hadn’t throught of putting them there. Thank you

Comment

I've grown Trombocino outside it does get huge the plant in the poly I would say it would get in the way. Cucumbers would be easier. You could use the corners plus the back end of the poly tunnel could be used for other plants, Looking at the photo it's big enough to share. Just need to be careful especially with that hammer.

Comment

Cucumber it is....big hammer indeed!

Comment

Cucumber can indeed be trained upwards in a corner and would not be in the way much.
                Last edited by Galina; 03-05-2020, 04:16.

Comment

What a beautiful, brave and inspiring young lady, you must be so proud . Wishing her every success and happiness.

I've grown basket tomatoes in hanging baskets but found they needed very regular and careful watering, the added heat of being up high impacted on fruit set and quality. GAgree with previous advice of growing a cucumber up into the space sounds good.

Comment

Working...
                  X