X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting seed site

https://www.vertiloom.com/en/collection/page6.html

look at Blue Suede shoes

Yes, they have a very tempting selection. Have you used them?

Comment

Not yet.....

Comment

• Galina
        Galina commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh you temptress! .................. no more seed buying. But that company looks so interesting. Blue Suede shoes looks similar to Helsing Junction Blues.

I hadn’t hear of them but what a selection!

Comment

It's hoooge!

Comment

Are you going for some?

Comment

Depands on whether or not my husband can see these posts.......maybe 😀

Comment

• jayb
              jayb commented
              Editing a comment
              Waves to Mr Hector, but hopes your not reading this!

Vertiloom's catalogue is a top-shelf magazine for tomatoes. Fortunately the quality is more than skin deep, we've had 100% germination on our Pink Berkeley Tie Dyes and a weird one called Goat Bag.

Comment

• Jang
              Jang commented
              Editing a comment
              Good to have the personal testimony as to quality. Certainly a site to drool over a little later in the year. Reasonable prices too.

Do feedback later on Goat Bag. The halved picture on the site looks rather dry although the description says juicy. Will be interested to hear how you find it.

• jayb
              jayb commented
              Editing a comment
              Yum to Pink Berkeley Tie Dye, as tasty to eat as to look at.

• triffid
              triffid commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes indeed, looking forward to trying PBTD. We grew its descendant Black Beauty last year and really enjoyed those.

Goat Bag does look dry in that photo. Which I wouldn't mind too much for sauces. Only time will tell!

Joking to one side- definitely want to order to try new varieties next year. Recommendations of tasty ones welcome. have any of you plans to do crosses with any of them?

Mr Hector and postie make jokes about “ mysterious parcels”.

Comment

• triffid
              triffid commented
              Editing a comment
              I very much enjoy Dwarf Sweet Sue. Have heard Uluru Ochre and Pink Berkeley Tie Dye are some of the best so trying those this year.

• jayb
              jayb commented
              Editing a comment
              Everyone looks for different things in their choices but to my mind, out of the breeders they list on the site if you go for any of the varieties bred by Brad Gates of Wild Boar Farms then they are usually top-notch in looks, taste, and vigor. Although I find Berkeley tie Die to be a poor doer here, I'm giving it one last shot this year.

Do you have any room for some more plants this year?

Yes, room for Toms but dont think they would get to me on time?

Comment

• jayb
              jayb commented
              Editing a comment
              If you want to take a gamble with some later sown ones I've made I think the end of April, I've lots of spare seedlings (they are not very big mind) I think several Wild Boar Farms varieties, I ended up having more poly space than I thought I would so just went balmy. As my seed was old and needs restocking I sowed quite thick hence the surplus. I need to pot them on in the next day or two and can keep any you fancy to post. I can make a list if you (or anyone else, all welcome) are interested.

That is incredibly kind, thankyou!

Comment

Working...
          X