Post blues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post blues

I know it's not a good time of year for smooth and quick deliveries but I seem to be encountering particularly frustrating delays.

1. My HSL seed choice was posted on 3rd December and hasn't yet arrived. That's a full two weeks.
    2. I am waiting for seeds from Czech Republic which were posted on 9th November - five and a half weeks
    3. The seeds I posted to Ruud on 28 November by registered or tracked post (Can't remember which technical term applies) have not yet arrived. The tracking suggests that they arrived in Netherlands on 2nd December so this is not a Post Office failure presumably. Let year I sent some seeds to the same destination and they never arrived.

Is anyone else running into such worrying delays?

Hi Jang, my HSL seeds have arrived at MIL only yesterday and were also ordered as soon as we could. They say that they need a full month and can only pack socially distanced, which means one person at a time. The ports are in disarray, I have only just read that a parcel posted 2 days ago to UK has already arrived and another posted in November has not yet arrived. Clearly they are clearing what has arrived last first, and the backlog is still at the back of the storage place. Seeds to Ruud that is sad. Cards and one package to here have arrived in good order and a reasonable time span. Fingers crossed.

Comment

• Galina
      Galina commented
      Editing a comment
      Just checked and I had the email that HSL seeds were dispatched on 7 December, arrived on 16th, took 9 days. This is much longer than normal second class post. But yes, yours are longer still. Fingers crossed.

• Jang
      Jang commented
      Editing a comment
      🤞🤞🤞!
      Ruud has made contact with the Dutch postal system. They have the package and have promised within a week

• Galina
      Galina commented
      Editing a comment
      Phew! That will be a nice late Christmas present.

Post deleted to enter as comment
    Last edited by Jang; 19-12-2020, 06:48.

Comment

• Galina
      Galina commented
      Editing a comment
      I do that all the time. Or I write a comment, which is then too long and I have to scratch that and convert to a new message. It really does not matter Jang.

• Jang
      Jang commented
      Editing a comment
      Me too - the latter that is. Also I believe you can't add a photo to a comment, so another freemason for needing to change.

In the case of deciding a comment would be better, I found I couldn't simply delete the post so I decided to write the explanation to fill the gap. I suppose all systems carry little annoyances!
Working...
X