Requesting seed from JIC SeedStor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Requesting seed from JIC SeedStor

Is it as simple as adding the accession to the cart and requesting from the GRU? Do they consider requests of Pisum and Vicia seed from hobby growers?

Silverleaf has done just that. She told them about her breeding aims and got small samples of seed. Unfortunately she has been very quiet lately on here.

Comment

Oh that's a shame, I've browsed a few of her posts and her projects are inspiring.
      Good to know - I might be able to get my hands on Grave Digger.

Comment

• triffid
        triffid commented
        Editing a comment
        Not yet! I started looking into odd phenotypes (they have a cerise-flowered, yellow-podded beauty and a purple-podded acacia) so still deciding what I'd rather be working on this year before I sheepishly approach them.

• Galina
        Galina commented
        Editing a comment
        Ooooh nice, yellow podded and cerise flowered both together are rather special. And purple acacia also sounds fun. Have you seen their very long mangetout? More like a bean than a pea.
        PS: Just had a look and there is only one that fits cerise flowers and yellow pods. Unfortunately it is a shelling pea and one that sets first flowers quite high up the plant, so fairly late. Pity.
        Last edited by Galina; 02-02-2019, 00:52.

• triffid
        triffid commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes that mangetout is a monster! JI0046 and JI0015 are what I have noted with cerise flowers and yellow pods. JI0015 has partial parchment. JI1341 is also interesting, a white-flowered, fasciated, yellow-podded with absent parchment.
    Working...
    X