• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Nicollas

Welcome to GFSS
    How are the Enjoya peppers doing?

Hi,
    sorry i missed your message! I should have the first flowers soon ☺
    Last edited by nicollas; 07-08-2016, 15:28.

Comment

Had to google the peppers. Flamed red over yellow, very pretty. Are the going to be as large as the California Sweet peppers?

Comment

Originally posted by nicollas View Post
        Hi,
        sorry i missed your message! I should have the first flowers soon ☺
        Sounds like they have come on faster than mine, I'm waiting for the first buds to open too. Looking forward to seeing any fruits form, though the weather needs to improve here to give them a chance. I may have a dabble with some pollen.....

Comment

Originally posted by Galina View Post
          Had to google the peppers. Flamed red over yellow, very pretty. Are the going to be as large as the California Sweet peppers?
          I thought red over yellow too, https://growingfoodsavingseeds.blogs...74276262106801

Yes the fruits I had were a good size and quite heavy for their size.

Comment

Oh I see, it's an experiment to see whether the flaming is stable and secondly whether the pepper type itself is stable, or if it is a one off that (how?) has to be cloned vegetatively to keep it going. Can you root peppers from bits of plant?

Well £1 is cheap as a seed packet if it works Jayb . Fingers crossed indeed. Never seen the like in our local ASDA. But I don't spend a lot of time in the veg isle. Were they packaged in plastic in a punnet or loose in boxes.

Do I get the impression that this variety is a tad late? Slow growing? Just hope it isn't plain, non-stripey in the end.

Comment

They were in individual bags I think with a bit of blurp written about them.
              Yes mine were sown around the first or second week of May, so cutting it a bit fine. No real loss if they aren't striped, just fun if they are and even better if it can be put into other varieties, I'm thinking some wicked chillies

Comment

• Galina
                Galina commented
                Editing a comment
                How apt! lol! 'Flaming hot' warning incorporated

• jayb
                jayb commented
                Editing a comment
                Hadn't thought of it like that, but yes spot on
            Working...
            X