Voles again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voles again!

This would have been a nice potato, but some vole got there first! GRRRRRRR!

Feel for you.
    Our dog dug up a nest the day, I spotted her too late to stop her destroying it and the contents, and although I felt horrid for the fate of the little ones, part of me was thinking oh well that's a few less to eat the veggies!

Comment

• Galina
      Galina commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't think my emotions would be quite as split, I'm afraid. Although I am still horrified when years ago I pushed the fork into the soil energetically and it came out with a vole speared at the end. Urrgh!

• jayb
      jayb commented
      Editing a comment
      There's something called a 'mole plough' used in agriculture to aid drainage on land. I've wondered about it once or twice but never got it until I saw water gushing out of a molehill - in times of high rain an amazing underground drainage system!

Eeew, I would have screeched!

• Galina
      Galina commented
      Editing a comment
      I did! Loudly! Must google mole plough.
      Last edited by Galina; 30-06-2015, 16:34.

This is what a vole did to a mature plant above the bottle. Pity nothing could be saved. Purple flowers - too bad,

Comment

But I have a good news story too. The Christmas Limas plants that were all severed by voles (too big to go in bottles because I had started early). Well I stuffed the chewed ends into a pot and one of the plants did actually develop roots. Now planted out again. Fingers crossed.

Comment

Wow, I didn't think they had a hope, well done

For something so cute, they can be wretched little animals!

Comment

Working...
        X