Baker Creek aka rareseeds.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baker Creek aka rareseeds.com

Just saw on facebook a Baker Creek ad and it says "we are shipping to Europe". Just thought I'd mention this, because fewer and fewer US companies are sending seeds to Europe. There is a chance that seeds will not arrive. But I never had a problem with small orders from USA of 5 packets or less, but it can happen. Without wishing to appear to advertise for this or any other seed company, I nevertheless thought it be worth mentioning that they do post to UK as they are stocking many unique varieties that nobody else carries.

I've looked on their website they do have lots of interesting stuff from around the world. I'm always worried about seeds not arriving.

Comment

• Galina
      Galina commented
      Editing a comment
      There is a limit of 5 standard commercial seed packets that you can buy and take with you legally when you travel to the UK from the USA. I have also kept to that limit when I have ordered although it is not the same of course. Some items like true potato seeds are not allowed at all.

Why those in particular I do not know. Because more and more seeds are being stopped by customs, most companies are no longer selling to Europe, because they do not want the complaints. I have always kept orders very small and never had a problem. But it is a risk and I have not ordered from USA recently either. Just had a look at Kokopelli seeds from France and they carry a number of US seeds. And while Britain is still in the EU, there are no restrictions on buying their seeds.

I should be doing some work not drooling over interesting seed catalogues

• clumsy
      clumsy commented
      Editing a comment
      Kokopelli seeds new one. Just had a browse very tempting to place an order on some seeds especially squashes. Nothing wrong with drooling on seed catalogues.

Yes Baker Creek is definitely one that seems to come up a lot when trying to track down seed.
    Kokopelli have me wrapped around their little finger with their selection... but even more so does Deaflora .de. They're in Germany and appear to have a hy-uuuge catalogue including American varieties and also varieties I haven't seen elsewhere.

Comment

• clumsy
      clumsy commented
      Editing a comment
      That's another new one Deaflora .de. I'll be spending time exploring the website.
Working...
X